- Views 1699
New Hope Media is the leading source of trusted parenting and health information for families touched by ADHD and by adoption. We are an independent publisher serving two highly engaged audiences with products that span print, digital, email, social, learning, and beyond.
Our mission is simple: To help our readers promote and protect their own health and happiness each day.
The Adoptive Families Mission
For more than four decades, Adoptive Families has provided readers with trusted perspectives from respected adoption experts and a sense of community from real-life personal stories written by adoptive parents, adoptees, birth parents, and others touched by adoption. Even as we celebrate the joys of family life, we believe that no one should have to parent in a vacuum. Adoptive Families strives to provide a rich toolbox for raising self-aware children who have access to all the information they need to fully consider their race, their roots, and their adoption story as they grow up and as adults.
The ADDitude Mission
Since 1998, millions of parents and adults have trusted ADDitude and its expert guidance and support for living better with ADHD and its related mental health conditions. Our mission is to be your trusted advisor, an unwavering source of understanding and guidance along the path to wellness. This means publishing advice from the industry’s top experts, answering our readers’ toughest questions, listening to everyone’s story without judgment, and celebrating the most extraordinary things about the adults and children who comprise our vibrant ADDitude community. You make the world more colorful, and we love that.
What New Hope Media Stands For
- We believe that every child has the right to grow up in a safe, healthy, permanent, and loving family and to know about his or her origins. When this is not possible in a child’s biological family, we believe that adoption is a better option than a childhood spent in institutional or long-term foster care.
- We believe that no individual should be deemed unfit to be a parent based on sexual orientation, religion, race, gender, or marital status.
- We believe that all members of the adoption constellation benefit from transparency in talking about adoption, in their relationships, and in access to birth records and birth family information.
- We believe that no expectant mother should feel coerced or compelled to make an adoption plan due to a lack of information, resources, or support and that, if she ultimately chooses adoption, she should be supported and respected in her decision and her place in that child’s life.
- We believe that all families touched by adoption, whether through domestic newborn, U.S. foster, or international adoption, have more similarities than differences, and that we can all learn from and teach each other through our experiences.
- We believe that no one should be made to feel less capable, less worthy, or less wonderful due to a neurological health condition.
- We believe that people with ADHD and related mental health conditions can achieve absolutely anything.
- We believe that students with ADHD and learning differences are legally entitled to services, accommodations, and modified teaching strategies to help them learn and perform to the best of their ability.
- We believe no one should have to live with feelings of anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, or isolation. There is hope and help for everyone.